Responsible for the recruitment of candidates for open positions, checking references, making job offers and coordinating the onboarding process. Primary responsibility for workers’ compensation, FMLA, and OSHA reporting. Acts as the back-up payroll processor and assists in the bi-weekly payroll process. Assists in the administration and coordination of various human resource programs.
Assists in the recruiting efforts for all open positions. This includes:
· Receives logs and forwards resumes/applications to supervisors
· Screens applicants per supervisor’s requests
· Sets up interviews with potential applicants
· Posts open positions internally and externally
· Makes travel arrangements, if necessary
· Assists in interviews as requested
· Conducts reference checks, verifies education and schedules pre-employment drug screens
· Prepares and sends rejection letters to candidates
Administers other employment-related activities that include:
Conducts new employee orientation.
Assists in bi-weekly payroll processing.
Administers worker’s compensation benefits to include:
· Sends accident reports to employees who have been injured on the job
· Approves and sends worker’s compensation forms and bills to vendor
· Follows up with employees regarding their worker’s compensation
· Prepares annual OSHA report
Performs other related assigned duties.
Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resource Management or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Two years’ work experience in Human Resources in the areas of recruiting, workers’ compensation and FMLA.
Experience in payroll preferred.
PHR Certification is a plus.
· Knowledge and understanding of multiple human resource disciplines including relevant human resources policies, regulations, principles, procedures and legislative provisions governing recruitment, employment equity, compensation, health and safety, and human resources planning.
· Knowledge and understanding of employment law, recruiting methods, training and development methods, conflict resolution techniques, strategic planning, and DCI policies and procedures.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Proficient in composing business letters, and internal communications.
· Enjoy and be proficient in detail work.
· Excellent follow-up skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Effective planning, coordination, time management, and organization skills.
· Advanced PC proficiency and operation skills, including intermediate knowledge/ability in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, desktop publishing, and efficient internet use.
Email HR@datacenterinc.com for more information!